Hier komme ich Deutschland!

One more day to go and I will be finally flying out to Germany. The last 2 weeks have gone by so quickly with visits with friends and family as well as any last minute errands that needed to be done. But the biggest challenge for me was definitely the packing. 

I have packed so many times for so many trips but this is the first long trip and it's about moving and living in a whole new country. It was very difficult deciding what to take and what not to take. It took me (no joke) almost 6 hours to pack and perhaps 10 tries (packing, weighing then unpacking and starting all over again). I can't imagine how Jenn (or anyone that have done this) packed for her journey in one backpack. But thank goodness for my sister Cindy. We tossed ideas around only to agree finally on 2 check-ins instead of the one. About less than half of the things were either gifts or personal items that will be used up within the first 3 months. So in the end, they should all fit in one luggage :)

So now that it's only a day away, how do I feel? Oddly enough, I feel a sense of excitement and peacefulness at the same time. I am excited about all the many adventures that await me. And about all the wonderful things I will learn along the way. I am at peace because I am finally doing this and that I am going with an open heart and open mind. 

Thanks for all the love and support of my family and friends. For some, I hope to see you soon. For others, I hope you enjoy the stories I have to share. And for those I have yet to meet, I can't wait to meet you :)

Thanks for all the well wishes and I wish you all the best. Keep in touch.

Ok now ... let's do this!

0 comments: